Frequently Asked Questions

What are developmental disability services?

The Oregon Developmental Disabilities system is administered through Community Developmental Disabilities Programs (CDDP). A wide range of services are offered, ranging from supports to assist a person living in their own home, with family, or in 24-hour residential services. Support services for people who live in their own or in their family’s home are provided through Support Services Brokerages. 

To learn more about what services are available and how to get started, visit the State of Oregon website and/or download the DD Services Brochure. To learn more about Jackson County services visit this page.

Once a person is found eligible for services, an Individual Support Plan is developed to identify what supports are needed to assure the person’s health and safety, and to support the person’s personal goals.

More information on developmental disability can be found here on the Arc Oregon website.


No! In fact, The Arc believes guardianship to be a last resort. Future planning is a delicate process, unique to each individual and family. If a whole and colorful life is the goal, person-centered planning is a must, and individuals must have choices. Visit The Arc Oregon’s GAPS site for more information and to get started!

Can you help with future planning?

We are happy to talk with you one-one-on because each person’s situation is unique. There is a lot of useful information to get you started here on the Arc Oregon website.