We are hiring!
DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONALS (DSP)
Wage: Begins at $24/hour
Job Type: Flexible- Part Time/ Full Time
What is a DSP?
A direct support professional is someone who works one-on-one with an individual who experiences an intellectual and/or developmental disability (IDD) in order to teach skills around independence, health and safety . Our DSPs work together with individuals to meet goals outlined within Individual Support Plans (ISP). The goal is to assist individuals in living a life they desire.
What does a DSP do?
Individuals who experience IDD and have K Plan Services through DDS are continuously learning skills based on goals outlined on their Individual Support Plan (ISP) and sometimes require assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs). DSPs support individuals by teaching skills related to ISP goals and ADLs.
Examples of Potential Job Duties:
- Advocate with and for the individual they are serving
- Keep individuals safe, healthy and happy
- Develop social skills and form meaningful connections
- Access the community for preferred activities (bowling, hiking, science works, the library, parks etc.)
- Assist with meal preparation
- Personal hygiene (teach skills around oral hygiene, laundry, menstruation, toileting etc.)
- Accompany individuals to and from activities and social gatherings.
Must be 18 years or older
Have a valid driver’s license
Have active auto insurance
Have a working cell phone
Have valid First Aid & CPR certification (can obtain after hire and before first shift)
Must pass a criminal history background check
Call or Text (541) 238-7529 for More Information